Tooth Replacement Options
The following are three methods to tooth replacement:
The most desirable option is Dental Implants.
What is a Dental Implant?
A Dental Implant is a titanium "screw" which is used to replace the root of a tooth. This enables the dentist to anchor a crown, bridge, or denture in the mouth in the absence of a tooth / teeth.
This has proven to be incredibly useful as patients now have the option of having a fixed prosthesis to replace missing or damaged teeth. This means no longer having to remove your teeth to clean and maintain them. Dental implants when properly done are the closest replacement to natural teeth you can get.
Once successfully integrated with the surrounding bone, implants have a long‐term potential as natural teeth, if properly taken care of.
Dental Implants can be the most natural way to replace missing teeth. Careful examination and planning must be done prior to any treatment. X‐rays and CBCT scans will be needed to see if you have good enough quality and quantity of bone in the area required to place implants.
Dental Implants can be added on patients as old as ninety years. What often happens when there are missing teeth is that the jawbone begins to shrink. This is common with denture wearers, and the ridge (which is important for holding the denture) gradually disappears, making wearing a denture so much harder.
Who are ideal candidates for Dental Implants?
Patients who have one or more missing teeth and who have sufficient bone are eligible for dental implants. If you do not have sufficient bone due to having missing teeth for several years, then you will need to undergo a bone graft which is a quick and easy procedure. You are welcome to talk to your Dr for the best possible options.
Why Should You Get Your Dental Implants Done with Silver Oaks Dental Clinic?
- We offer the highest quality in dentistry - all our implants are internationally recognized and used all over the world. You know you are getting the highest quality in Dental Implants
- Expert skills – Dr Huson trained under world renowned celebrity dentist Dr Joe Oliver in the Harley Street Region of London. He has placed in excess 500 Implants – all with excellent results
- We offer a lifetime guarantee on our implants
- We perform the treatment from start to finish
- We offer the latest technology – we have an onsite lab and the latest software to perfect your smile.
Why would you want to go anywhere else?
Dental implants start from R10 000 per tooth and can go up to R22 000 per tooth depending on the manufacturer.